Monday, June 6, 2016

Father To The Fatherless

 My father in my eyes was bigger than life. He was the everything I felt a dad should be. He was the epitome of the perfect man. He walked right, talked right, smelled and dressed right. What a sense of pride I would feel, when I would see that candy apple red Cadillac come rolling down the street. Everything in my head would just start spinning. That’s my dad I would think to myself. The greatest man on the face of the earth. It never dawned on me that while he lived in the best part of town, my mother struggled in the projects, hustling to keep food on the table, clothes on our backs and a roof over our heads. As a result, I was constantly bounced from one place to another. We were without local family support or government assistance to rescue us. Unfortunately, this led to some tragic consequences that have since healed, in the last couple of years. Never let anyone convince you that you are too old to heal, regarding a traumatic event from your past, if the memory is painful, God will heal it. Again, you are never too old to be healed and set free. Sadly, as I entered adolescence, my father began to act as if I no longer existed. This was a time when I needed his love guidance, as much as air to breathe. The messaged I received from his rejection was: Yes, I love my father with all my heart, and he loves me maybe not so much. The Africans have a Proverb that sums it up: Where the heart is the body will be. Fortunately, I found out I had another father who would never leave or forsake me. His love is completely unconditional and comes to restore and comfort when the slightest emotional need of His child is detected. In my 28 years of walking with Him, he has never allowed me to share a single tear. When it comes to fathers, our heavenly Father is more than enough. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18.

No comments:

Post a Comment