Monday, November 6, 2017



One day while shopping I came across a wall plaque that simply said, I love you more. Something in my spirit leaped, so I purchased it. After placing it on the wall at home, I realized every time I looked at it in passing, I felt a sudden surge of warmth and tranquility in my soul. At first, I thought it was a reminder of Gods love for me. However, I began to understand my true feelings the day God asked me why I would not simply give myself a chance. It took me several days to realize what God was showing me. You see my friend, in spite of all He had equipped me with I was refusing to move forward hence, not giving myself a chance.The lack of love for myself had landed me in a state of spiritual self-abasement. Consequently, I began visiting the Graveyard of the past, not to dig anything up, but to merely gaze at the wreckage of my soul.It was at this point when I got a revelation of the origin and source that had opened the door to this stronghold.There she was a 14-year-old girl, suddenly realizing to survive on the mean streets of Los Angeles a toll had to be paid and the toll taker would become all-consuming and relentless. The price would be guilt, shame, further loss of innocence, and the greatest of all self-respect and self-esteem. When confronting these realities Deborah stopped loving Deborah. Although my love for her is still not where it would have been if I had not stopped loving her, it is definitely a lot greater than it was before I left that 14-year-old girl at the graveyard. However, God is faithful and no respecter of persons, She has risen alive and been Redeemed through the precious blood of her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen! 

© 11/4/2017
Deborah Mayers

No comments:

Post a Comment